Making resolutions is the easy part, following through with them is the challenge! Many obstacles can get in our way from reaching our goals, our attitude included. The biggest thing I have learned is how my mind can have so much power over my actions. Deciding you want something and believing you can achieve it is the first step. Taking action with realistic goals, planning to succeed with support and accountability, and overcoming glitches is next. I know how hard reaching a fitness goal can be from experience. Now, I want to help others regain their life and health as an Independent Team Beachbody Coach without letting fear or frustration get in the way. I turned my frustration into inspiration for others.
1. Plan your day with your nutrition and exercise and make them a priority. Choose exercises and workout programs you enjoy that will motivate you to keep going. If you are not sure how to plan meals, try a meal planner. Journal everything you eat to keep track. The most effective workouts I have found success with are Team Beachbody programs like P90X, Brazil Butt Lift, ChaLEAN Extreme and TurboFire,. You follow a sequential program of exercises each day along with a nutrition guide. They are fun, produce results quickly and come with your very own personal coach…ME!
2 Get support in reaching your goals with a workout partner, accountability partner, or coach. Scheduling workouts with friends helps to make sure you get them done and adds a little fun into your day. I try to workout with a friend once a week and change up the workouts each time. If you can’t exercise with a friend, get someone to keep you accountable. It can be as easy as someone texting you making sure you’re workout was completed for the day. Team Beachbody gives all their members FREE coaches to assist with programs, nutrition and more. If you buy a fitness program from a Team Beachbody coach, like me, you also get bonus workouts along with your personal coaching.
3. Do your best and don’t compare yourself to others. Your fitness level should be based on the best effort you can give. Don’t try to emulate the professional trainers. I tell my members I coach to go at your level. If you can only do one pushup when starting P90X, good for you! The more you practice, the better you’ll become. After completing “fire drills” in TurboFire, it’s okay to break a little longer than everyone else. Don’t be intimidated by a fitness program, like Insanity. Just do your best and forget the rest! Keep pushing through each day, dig deep, and it will get easier. Not every fitness program suits everyone. There are many programs to choose from depending on your goals, abilities and preferences.
4. Give yourself time to see results and keep expectations realistic. Your body will change over time with commitment and consistency to good nutrition and fitness. Don’t plan to fail by setting unrealistic goals. Put the scale away for awhile and pay more attention to how your clothes fit, how much more energy you have, the less stress you experience and how fantastic you feel overall.
5. Be consistent everyday keeping nutrition your first priority. Exercise each day at an average amount, not too little and not too much. Weight loss and body composition changes are results of cumulative lifestyle choices. Following the Beachbody fitness programs makes it easy since you know what exercise you’ll be doing everyday from the fitness guide, just push “play”!
6. Variety is necessary. Change your exercise routine to confuse your muscles so they will keep responding and you don’t hit a plateau. Change the sequence, the number of sets and reps, and vary the intensity. If you’re not motivated by the same routine, it’s time for a change in programs so you don’t become bored. Keep it exciting and you’ll want to keep doing it!
7. Eat smart by consuming 5 well balanced small meals throughout the day. Don’t go longer than 3 hours in between meals. If you go too long in between meals, or skip meals, your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto that fat as its lifesaver. In order to burn fat, you need to eat. Instead of reducing the amount of meals, focus on your portion sizes and combinations of proper foods. Consider adding Shakeology to your meal plan for weight loss, increased energy, concentration, health, happiness and more.
Nutrition and fitness changed my life! It is possible to live your best life too. I would love to help you and then maybe you will pay it forward and want to become a coach like me! I’m always looking for motivated, fitness minded leaders to join my team of coaches. Sign up with me as a FREE member, a club member with a nutrition plan and more, or a coach and start transforming your life! It’s one of the best and most rewarding jobs I’ve done. Contact me and let’s get you started with your goals.
|Team Beachbody Coach Molly Mongulla – Molly lives in New Jersey and is a work at home mother of 3. She never followed a regular exercise program until after her first child was born. By the time her third child was born, she was faced with a more significant weight gain and health issues associated with her diet. She knew that she had to to find the proper balance of food and exercise her body needed. Now as a Team Beachbody coach, she is 25 pounds lighter with a stronger body and mind, and in the best shape of her life. Molly wants to help you right now to change your body, change your attitude and change your life, so contact her by visiting her Team Beachbody website.|